Friday 16 December 2011

Last Mousetrap Vehicle Post

Our group with our car. Photo by Josh
A top view of our car at the starting line. Photo by Josh.

Our mousetrap vehicle went 7.19 meters. That was the farthest it went out of all three of its runs. In the drag race our vehicle ended up in second. 
If i wanted to modify our vehicle I would change how we attached the axles. The axles looked like they were bent and I noticed that when the wheels moved the axles would rub on the plastic tubing. I would add some type of lubricant to help the wheels rotate on the axle easier. 

If I wanted to build a completely new car I would build a car with only two wheels so that It would not have as much friction as a car would with four or three wheels. 

To make our vehicle work better to go a little bit farther I should have paid more attention to the axles.  




No comments:

Post a Comment